The East Greenwich Police Department seeks a motivated, hardworking and determined candidate for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer – Class III. The selection process will result in the appointment of individuals who will possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to ensure that the department will remain an effective, professional, and respected law enforcement agency. Position will encompass School Resource Officer duties limited to school hours; compensated at a rate of $30/Hr.
1. Must be a retired police officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, fully-trained, full-time officer in any municipality or county of this state, or as a member of the New Jersey State Police, and must be living in New Jersey.
2. Must be retired from that agency in good standing (necessary to have a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which officer retired, listing the date and type of retirement. A copy will be submitted to the PTC).
3. Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
4. Must pass a PT Exam.
5. Must pass a psychological examination.
6. Must pass a medical examination and have doctor complete Medical Certification Form (Form PTC 8A).
7. Must pass a Drug Test pursuant to Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy.
8. Must have an updated background investigation.
9. SLEO III’s break in service may not exceed three (3) years.
10. Candidate must successfully complete School Resource Officer Training within 12 months of appointment.
Applicants are advised that the SLEO III position does not include any fringe benefits including Health benefits, vacation, sick leave or personal leave. Any time off will be dictated by the assigned School’s schedule.
Applications may be picked up at the East Greenwich Police Department, 159 Democrat Road, Mickleton, NJ 08056, or also online at: www.egpd.org.
Applications must be submitted by: October 15, 2021 @ 3:30 p.m. Attn: Chief of Police Matthew Brenner
The East Greenwich Township Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.