The East Greenwich Police Department seeks a motivated, hardworking and determined candidate for the position of Full-Time Sworn Police Officer. The selection process will result in the appointment of individual who will possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to ensure that the department will remain an effective, professional, and respected law enforcement agency. Position will encompass Sworn, Full-Time Police Officer duties.
1. Must already possess a valid NJ Police Training Commission (PTC) Certification for Full-Time Officer, or Special Law Enforcement Officer-Class II with the ability to receive additional training to be waived to Full-Time status;
2. Must be legally permitted to work in the United States;
3. Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey during the term of appointment;
4. Must be at least 18 years of age;
5. Must possess and maintain a valid New Jersey Driver's License;
6. Must possess a high school diploma or it's equivalent;
7. Must be of good moral character, and must submit to an extensive Background Investigation;
8. Must pass a medical examination and have doctor complete Medical Certification Form;
9. Must pass a psychological examination;
10. Must pass a Drug Test pursuant to the NJ Attorney General's Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy;
11. Must pass a Physical Fitness Test;
12. Must submit to an oral interview(s).
Applicants are advised that the Full-Time Police Officer position has a starting annual salary of $39,158.00, which includes Medical, Prescription and Dental Benefits, based upon the current applicable contract.
Applications may be picked up at the East Greenwich Police Department, 159 Democrat Road, Mickleton, NJ 08056, or also online below.
Applications must be submitted by: October 22, 2021 @ 3:30 p.m. Attn: Chief of Police Matthew Brenner
The East Greenwich Township Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.